Tux in the Zillertal valley
Holiday experiences on the Hintertux Glacier
Tux – all-year-round
The village of Tux is located on the sunny high plateau of the Tuxertal valley at 1,300 to 3,250 metres above sea level. The beautiful holiday resort covers an area of 111 km², starting with Tux-Vorderlanersbach, Tux-Lanersbach, Juns, Madseit and ending with the fifth district Hintertux. Located higher than the rest of the valley, this region has a perfect climate to offer guests a relaxing or action-packed holiday all year round:
- Experience a winter in the mountains with modern skiing facilities, magnificent summit views and traditional refreshment stops.
- Enjoy a summer of hiking with summit victories and high feelings, countless children's playgrounds and Tyrolean cuisine.
365 days of snow fun on the Hintertux Glacier
The Hintertux Glacier offers the experience of snow every day of the year! Only here can you ski virtually whenever you want - whether in June or in December! From December to April, the Hintertux Glacier joins the Eggalm, Rastkogel, Finkenberg, Penken and Ahorn ski areas to form the snow-assured Ski and Glacier World Zillertal 3000. At the end of the Zillertal, up to 202 kilometres of downhill fun await all winter sports enthusiasts. In late summer and autumn, national ski teams from all over the world set up their training camps in Hintertux. Those who want to watch the pros train hard up close have the opportunity to do so in Hintertux.
The Hintertux Glacier offers a varied programme for young and old 365 days a year! At the top at 3,250 m, the panorama terrace not only offers a panoramic view, but also the starting point for all adventures - to the glacier experiences!
Winter in Tux
A snow dream awaits snow addicts and ski freaks in the cold season in Tux. Thanks to the altitude, powder snow is 100% included here and enables sports such as:
- Skiing - in the Ski and Glacier World Zillertal 3000
- Tobogganing – even at night on lit toboggan runs
- Winter hiking – on 68 km of groomed paths
- Cross-country skiing – 28 km through gorgeous winter scenery
- Ice skating and ice stock sport - on the natural ice skating rink and ice stock sport lanes
Summer in Tux
Superlative hiking holidays are guaranteed in Tux. Because here, in the Tuxertal valley, you will find 350 km of marked hiking trails in a vast natural landscape as well as 150 km of excellent mountainbike trails. Situated in the Zillertal Alps Nature Park with an area of 422 km² of pure nature, you can also undertake day tours, multi-day tours, climbing tours and high alpine tours from Tux. Tux-Finkenberg has everything your hiking and outdoor heart desires! From beginner or family tours to challenging mountain bike trails and Bike+Hike - in Tux at the end of the valley, it's up to the top again. Wonderful mountain panorama and a view of the striking Olperer peak are also part of the game.
What else is there in Tux ...
Tux is part of the Nature Park Zillertal Alps. Experience the park and the alpine village’s culture up close in various exhibitions and during hikes. One place to do so is the showcase cheese dairy Stoankasern: Junslam at 1,984 m with the snack station Stoankasern is located in a wild romantic high alp valley amidst pastures and alpenrose hills. One can watch how milk is processed into butter and cheese from mid-June to late September.
Tip: The Alps and the showcase cheese dairy can be reached via hiking taxi or the Eggalmbahnen with a subsequent hike (approx. 3 hours in alpine terrain).
- Impressive water: the waterfalls at the valley end of Hintertux are breathtaking. Schleier-Wasserfall, Kesselfall and Schraubenfall plunge thunderously into deep rock basins. The refreshing spring water is of drinking water quality!
- Tux mill at the sweeping stream rattles... The mill has been situated at the Tuxbach stream since 1839. First, the cultivation of barley flourished at Tux’s altitude. Barley flour was used for baking bread and making several delicious, traditional desserts. The mill is particularly interesting for families, as young apprentice millers can grind grain into flour. Open every Monday from 1-4 pm (mid-June to late September)
- Bats and marble stone: the natural monument Spannagelhöhle is open to everyone and can be explored as a “spelunker”. Tours in the underground corridors take place all year. A unique experience – in all weather.
- Nature's Ice Palace: Insights into permanent ice are waiting for you at this glistening spectacle of nature. The naturally formed palace below the glacier, which can be explored during a guided tour, feels out of this world. The wondrous world of ice wows all ages!
Explore Tuxertal with flea Luis! Fun, action and excitement for the entire family is guaranteed. Four of the TUX-Welten can be found directly in Tux and Hintertux and are accessible easily from your accommodations in the beautiful village. Two more are currently being planned and built.
- Tierwelt – with bug circus and giant spider climbing web
- Pflanzenwelt – from seed to tree
- Wasserwelt – with large waterfall swing and flour-making
- Gletscherwelt – adventures on glacier safari with flea Luis
- Schluchtwelt - easy circular hike in the middle of the Glocke natural oasis
Destination address for the tourist information:
A-6293 Tux, Lanersbach 401
Plan your route online:
The airports at Innsbruck, Salzburg and Munich are between 90 and 230 km from Tux-Finkenberg.
Here you can find the flight shedules of Innsbruck
Here you can find the flight shedules of Salzburg