Tux in the Zillertal valley
Holiday experiences on the Hintertux Glacier
Multifaceted alpine village, modern holiday region, divine panorama and heartfelt hospitality. All of that probably describes Tux in the Zillertal valley best. Located higher than the rest of the valley, the region has the best climate to offer guests a relaxing or action-packed holiday all-year-round:
- Experience a winter in the mountains with modern skiing facilities, a grand summit view and a traditional snack stop.
- Enjoy a hiking summer conquering summits and feeling on top of the world with an action-packed family program and Tyrolean culinary delights.
Immerse yourself in a very special holiday world!
On the sunny high plateau of the Tuxertal lies at 1,300 to 3,250 meters above sea level the village of Tux. The beautiful resort covers an area of 111 km², starting with Tux-Vorderlanersbach, Tux-Lanersbach, Juns, Madseit and ending with the fifth district Hintertux.
Fun, excitement and relaxing hours are waiting for you here. Whether alone, as a couple or with the whole family -Tux is perfectly located to guarantee you all a unique vacation experience and to reach the most diverse sights and activities.
Perfectly connected – public transport
Not only you can relax here - also the car can take a vacation! Because with public transport, hiking taxi and the mountain railroads you are well connected in beautiful Tux and nothing stands in the way of excursions.
- the Tux Sportbus – 365 days a year. Free with ski pass and ski equipment in winter
- or the Tux-Finkenberg Ticket.
- the Nightliner between Finkenberg and Hintertux
- the Tux-Finkenberg Shuttle – free of charge with the Tux-Finkenberg Ticket. Hiking in summer, tobogganing in winter – your ideal connection.
- in summer - the hiking taxi. Cozy travelling to certain side valleys and alps
- Mountain railways in Tux-Finkenberg.
Destination address for the tourist information:
A-6293 Tux, Lanersbach 401
Plan your route online:
The airports at Innsbruck, Salzburg and Munich are between 90 and 230 km from Tux-Finkenberg.