Tux in the Zillertal valley
Holiday experiences on the Hintertux Glacier
Multifaceted alpine village, modern holiday region, divine panorama and heartfelt hospitality. All of that probably describes Tux in the Zillertal valley best. Located higher than the rest of the valley, the region has the best climate to offer guests a relaxing or action-packed holiday all-year-round:
- Experience a winter in the mountains with modern skiing facilities, a grand summit view and a traditional snack stop.
- Enjoy a hiking summer conquering summits and feeling on top of the world with an action-packed family programme and Tyrolean culinary delights.
Immerse yourself in a very special holiday world!
The village Tux is located on the sunny high plateau of Tuxertal on 1,300-3,250 m. The beautiful holiday resort spreads across an area of 111 km² starting with
- Madseit to the fifth district
Fun, excitement and relaxing hours are waiting for you here. By yourself, as a couple or with the entire family, Tux in the Zillertal valley is ideally located to guarantee an one-of-a-kind holiday experience for everyone with easy access to all sorts of sights and facilitate activities.
Perfectly connected – public transport
It’s not just you who relaxes here – your car too can take a breather! Public transport, hiking taxis and the mountain railways perfectly connect you throughout quaint Tux leaving nothing in the way of excursions.
- the Tux Sportbus – 365 days a year. Free with ski pass and ski equipment in winter
- or the Tux-Finkenberg Ticket.
- the Nightliner. Between Finkenberg and Hintertux until 2.30 am (€ 2,00)
- the hiking bus – free of charge with the Tux-Finkenberg Ticket. Hiking in summer, tobogganing in winter – your ideal connection. To the schedule
- in summer - the hiking taxi. Cosy travelling to certain side valleys and alps, from € 7.
- Mountain railways in Tux-Finkenberg.
Destination address for the tourist information:
A-6293 Tux, Lanersbach 401
Plan your route online:
The airports at Innsbruck, Salzburg and Munich are between 90 and 230 km from Tux-Finkenberg.