*** Current information winter 2021 ***
This page is regularly updated and expanded. Subject to changes.
Due to the current ordinance of the Austrian federal government, all accommodation and catering businesses are currently closed until the end of February 2021. An evaluation and further details by the Austrian federal government are planned for the beginning of March 2021.
Nevertheless, we look to the future with optimism and look forward to seeing you again in Tux-Finkenberg! Stay healthy!
#WINTERDREAMS - A little winter to dream about!
With “#winterdreams” from Tux-Finkenberg we will bring you at least a bit of winter to dream at home.
In the hope that the dreams will soon become reality again ... So dream beautifully!
We have summarized the most important and most frequent questions about the measures in winter 2021 and behavior on the mountain here.
- Keep at least 2 meters away from people outside your household
- Avoid shaking hands and hugs when greeting
- Mouth and nose protection - in the areas regulated by law, as well as when the prescribed minimum distance cannot be maintained
- Wash hands several times a day for at least 30 seconds with soap and water
- Sneeze / cough into the crook of your arm or into a handkerchief
- Registration requirement in all catering establishments
- Act responsibly and protect yourself and your fellow human beings
A FFP2 face mask is required in the following places:
- Bus, ski bus, taxi and public transport
- At the ski pass sales points of the cable cars
- In the access area of all cable cars (pay attention to the labeling)
- In the station area, entry / exit area and during the journey with the cable cars (gondola lifts, chair lifts, drag lifts)
- In public institutions - post office, bank, supermarket, gas station
- In trade (ski shop, ski depot, ..)
- In all areas of health care (pharmacies, doctors, hospitals, ...)
- For services where the minimum distance cannot be maintained
Please always have a FFP2 face mask with you and use it if the prescribed minimum distance from other people cannot be maintained.
Mask-free: while exercising itself, ie. while skiing or hiking.
“Free cancellation up to 2 days before arrival” - the offer is valid for bookings with arrival until April 18th, 2021 and for all accommodations marked with the red button.
You can find more information on the cancellation conditions in winter 2021 here.
The team at the Tux-Finkenberg Tourist Office will be happy to help you plan your vacation by phone +43 5287 8506 or email [email protected]
According to the official ordinance, registration has been mandatory in the gastronomy throughout Tyrol since October 19, 2020.
Contact tracing is carried out throughout the Zillertal using "TRACY", a contact tracing web app.
By simply scanning a QR code, tedious filling out is a thing of the past.
The contact details only need to be entered the first time.
Do you want to start your day of skiing well prepared and do your first registration right away? Then just scan this QR Code!
THANK YOU for taking part!
The acquired data will be automatically deleted after 28 days.
As in the case of all public transport, a FFP2 face masks is mandatory in all ski buses. If possible, a minimum distance of 2 metres must always be maintained. We also recommend wearing a FFP2 face mask at the bus stops if the minimum distance cannot be maintained.
At the moment, there is the public bus 4104 between Mayrhofen and Hintertux, that takes winter sportspeople with adequate equipment for free. As soon as there are ski buses again: In addition to the scheduled trips from Vorderlanersbach to Hintertux and back (every 20 minutes in autumn, every 10 minutes in winter), additional busses will be deployed during peak times in the mornings and afternoons to reduce the number of passengers in each bus.
Current timetables can be found here.
As cable cars are classed as public transport, the same rules apply as for buses, underground trains, trams etc.:
- Wearing an FFP2 face mask is compulsory in the cabins (from 15 years). Children from 6-14 years of age are required to wear a regular face mask (disposable mask, buff, tubular cloth, ...)
- A capacity limitation of 50% applies in closed vehicles. According to the current status, this includes gondolas and chairlifts with bubbles. All other railways are not considered to be closed vehicles.
- All cabins are regularly disinfected by our employees.
- We also ensure continuous ventilation, provided that the weather conditions permit.
Duration of the gondola rides in Hintertux:
- Glacier bus 1 (1,500 m - 2,100 m): 5.25 min.
- Glacier bus 2 (2,100 m - 2,660 m): 6 min.
- Glacier bus 3 (2,660 m - 3,250 m): 5 min.
Information about the 150 Tux:
- Travel time: 4.30 min.
- 50% person restriction
- Disinfect and ventilate the cabin for every! downhill. As people are only transported uphill, it is guaranteed that every guest always enters a disinfected gondola.
"Private cabins" Eggalm & Rastkogel:
In times like these, the feeder gondolas of the Eggalm Bahnen and Rastkogel Bahnen offer top-class comfort: Since they originally offered a maximum of 4 people, virtually every 2-person household now has "its own gondola" exclusively.
The ski and pedestrian tickets can easily be purchased at the cash desks in all ski areas. There are enough cash registers open every day to keep waiting times as short as possible.
In Hintertux and Finkenberg, tickets can also be bought at our two ticket machines. Hintertux and Finkenberg also have the option of buying tickets online in advance and picking them up on site from the machines provided for this purpose. You can find the online ticket shop here.
Distancing rules state that a minimum distance of 2 m must be maintained. There are appropriate floor markings in the waiting area in front of the ticket offices, at the base terminal and lift waiting areas. If possible, the minimum distance must also be maintained in the cable cars / gondolas.
If the recommended minimum distance cannot be maintained, the obligation to wear a face mask (FFP 2) applies. However, it is your individual responsibility to ensure that 2m physical distancing is maintained.
Mask-free: while exercising itself, ie. while skiing and hiking.
It is compulsory to wear a FFP 2 face mask (aged 15 and above) in the following areas:
- during the cable car ride (gondola, chair lift with coverage)
- waiting areas in a building
- access areas in a building
Children until 6 years of age: no face mask required
Children from 7 - 14 years of age: an ordinary face mask is fine (like bandana, buff scarf...)
In the ski bus, sport shops, ski rental etc.: a FFP2 face mask is obligatory as well!
Please always carry a face covering (FFP 2 mask) with you and use it if the recommended minimum physical distance cannot be maintained. The most important thing is that both nose and mouth are completely covered!
It's possible to purchase FFP2 masks at the cash desks at the bottom stations!
The mask requirement is upheld despite a negative test result.
Use off-peak times
We know from experience that many guests head up the mountain in the morning. To get from the car park to the slopes as quickly and relaxed as possible, we recommend an ascent from 09.30 am onwards.
The same applies to the restaurants, when they are open again:
If you plan to have your lunch break before 11:30 or after 14:00, you will certainly be spoilt for choice. Furthermore, you have the possibility to make a table reservation in advance in the service restaurants.
- Don’t jostle - just chill:
The following applies to all waiting areas: "Chill out instead of jostling", because strength lies in calm!
- Good ventilation in the cable car cabins:
If the weather permits, the windows in the cable cars are open to ensure good ventilation. We ask that you also leave this open.
- Follow instructions:
We urgently ask you to follow the recommendations of conduct and the instructions of our employees, especially with regard to the applicable hygiene regulations.
- Cashless payment:
Wherever cashless payment is possible, we ask you to make use of this.
- Only hit the slopes if your are healthy:
If you have symptoms that could indicate a possible Covid-19 infection, please stay at home and contact a doctor immediately.
- Be accountable:
Protect your health and the health of your fellow human beings.
- Inform yourself in advance:
If you have any questions about slope conditions, amounts of fresh snow, etc., we can be reached by phone at +43/5287/8506. A lot of information can also be found on our website.
- YES - starting from 15.02.21 a negative test result is required when you go up for skiing and snowboarding.
- The test result can be max. 48 hours old.
- Further more don't forget: FFP-2 mask and to keep at least 2 m distance
- No negative test result required for: Flohpark Hintertux & drag lift Hinteranger.
Destination address for the tourist information:
A-6293 Tux, Lanersbach 401
Plan your route online:
The airports at Innsbruck, Salzburg and Munich are between 90 and 230 km from Tux-Finkenberg.