Maria Himmelfahrt Church in Hintertux
The church Maria Himmelfahrt is located at the end of the Tuxertal in Hintertux.
Already in 1737, perhaps even earlier, a wooden chapel dedicated to St. Bartholomew stood in Hintertux; it was later surrounded by a wall. The altarpiece showed a gowned "Madonna of the Protective Mantle". In the years 1936/37 the construction of a Dr.-Engelbert-Dollfuß-Gedächtniskirche (Dr.-Engelbert-Dollfuß-Memorial Church) was started, which - still in its shell construcition - was blown up in 1941 by order of the National Socialist Tyrolean Gauleiter Hofer.
After the end of World War II, efforts were made to build a new chapel in Hintertux, which finally came to a successful conclusion with the consecration of today's Church Maria Himmelfahrt on 15 August 1952. The church, built according to plans by Jakob Walcher in simple, clear forms, was renovated in 1988 and equipped with a new organ.
Open all year round
Further informationHomepage: http://www.pfarre-tux.at
Gottesdienste Tux-Finkenberg: https://resc.deskline.net/documents/1/ZIL/e6762c15-b0df-42bd-9971-096cba16cad2/file.pdf
Tiroler Tourismuswallfahrt: https://resc.deskline.net/documents/1/ZIL/7a107fa3-2626-4264-b564-02fcc66cb553/file.pdf
Destination address for the tourist information:
A-6293 Tux, Lanersbach 401
Plan your route online:
The airports at Innsbruck, Salzburg and Munich are between 90 and 230 km from Tux-Finkenberg.