An immensely impressive nature experience, during which one learns a lot of interesting facts about glaciology, the structure, effect and distribution of ice on earth in an adventurous way!
Glaciers are and will remain a very special kind of natural attraction. No matter what time of year you see, visit or commit a glacier, you will be impressed again and again. Its tremendously powerful appearance between bizarre ice fields, crevasses, rock masses and snow peaks creates a great respect for the wonder of nature every time anew.
On the way with an experienced nature park guide, the tour over snow and ice gives you special insights into the fascination of the “Hintertux Glacier”. You will learn a lot of interesting facts about glaciology, the formation, structure, effect and distribution of ice on earth. This wonder of nature delights the whole family. Make sure you have mountain boots, sun protection, jacket and hat for this tour!
The glacier hike is offered and carried out by the Zillertal Alps High Mountain Nature Park.
- Character: easy hike, 250 m difference in altitude on the descent
- Duration: approx. 1.5 hours; of which 1 hour pure walking time
- Dates: every Thursday - from June 24th to September 23rd, 2021
- Meeting point: 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. | Panorama terrace at 3,250 m, mountain station Gletscherbus 3
- Number of participants: Maximum 9 |
- Registration is essential at: www.myzillertal.app/naturpark
- Contribution to expenses: Adults: € 10.00, children (6-14 years): € 5.00; Free of charge for guests of the nature park partner companies!
- Further information: Zillertal Alps High Mountain Nature Park: +43/5286/52181; [email protected]; www.naturpark-zillertal.at
Contribution to expenses: Adults: € 10.00, children (6-14 years): € 5.00; Free of charge for guests of the nature park partner companies!
approx. Mid-June to Mid-September, exact dates will follow
Further informationHomepage: http://www.hintertuxergletscher.at
Destination address for the tourist information:
A-6293 Tux, Lanersbach 401
Plan your route online:
The airports at Innsbruck, Salzburg and Munich are between 90 and 230 km from Tux-Finkenberg.