Finkenberg parish church
Already at the end of the 15th century, a wooden chapel dedicated to St. Leonhard was reported, which had to give way to a slightly larger stone church in 1634. In 1721 Hans Holzmeister from Hippach built the current St. Leonhard's Church, which soon became a popular place of pilgrimage. It has been a parish church since 1891.
At the altar the farmers saints St. Leonhard, Isidor and Notburga can be seen. The frescoes are the work of Innsbruck artist Wolfram Köberl.
Since the extension in 1833 and the erection of the tower in 1863, the church has not changed in its outer form and dimensions, but it has always been necessary to carry out repairs and renovations.
Sunday: Holy mass at 8.30 a.m. / For weekly church services see list of church services - available in the church or on www.pfarre-finkenberg.at or in the offices of the Tourist Association Tux-Finkenberg
Further informationHomepage: http://www.pfarre-finkenberg.at
Destination address for the tourist information:
A-6293 Tux, Lanersbach 401
Plan your route online:
The airports at Innsbruck, Salzburg and Munich are between 90 and 230 km from Tux-Finkenberg.